Flooding and Water Damage in Cottage Hill?
Water Damage Prevention Tips
Let’s face it, anywhere it rains flooding can happen, and anywhere flooding can happen, water damage can occur to your Cottage Hill home or commercial business. According to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), flooding is the most commonly occurring disaster in the United States. SERVPRO® of North Pensacola has years of experience mitigating water damage of all kinds and has a team of highly trained water restoration technicians ready to assist you 24 hours a day, every day. Here are some steps to take from FEMA on ways to prevent and reduce flood and water damage to your home:
- Close backflow valves
- Turn on sump pumps
- Shut off electricity at the breaker panel
- Remove furniture, rugs, electronics, and essential paperwork off the ground or to upper floors if possible
- Place major appliances on concrete blocks
- Clean rain gutters, downspouts, and splash pads
- Clean nearby drainage ditches and storm drains
- Clear snow and ice away from foundations
- Create temporary flood barriers with sandbags, portable gates or shields, or inflatable floodwalls
Call Us Today
When you have a water damage emergency, SERVPRO® of North Pensacola can send a team of water restoration specialists out typically within four hours of your call to immediately begin the cleanup and restoration process. Call us today at 850-466-3076. We’ll restore your water damage in Cottage Hill, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO® of North Pensacola is Independently Owned and Operated.