Water Damage Clean-up and Prevention Tips for Pensacola
Water damage can occur at any time. SERVPRO® of North Pensacola wants commercial and residential property owners in Cottage Hill to know that water damage in commercial buildings and residences can not only be unsanitary, it can also be dangerous as items that are not thoroughly dried out can cause mold. Here are some tips from the American Red Cross to follow in the event of water damage to your business or home:
- Pump out flooded basements gradually (about one-third of the water per day) to avoid structural damage.
- Bring all soft items outside if possible – sunlight and wind will help them dry faster
- Throw out items that have absorbed water and cannot be cleaned or disinfected
- Remove all drywall and insulation that has been in contact with floodwaters
- Consider removing vinyl floor coverings and tile to allow the substructures beneath or behind them to dry
- Keep the windows open and run fans – or keep them shut and run dehumidifiers to pull moisture out of wood floors and subfloors, beams, doors, etc.
If you find yourself dealing with water damage, SERVPRO of North Pensacola wants to help. Our highly trained water restoration technicians are ready to meet the needs of Cottage Hill business owners and residents alike. Call us today at 850-466-3076 to find out about our cleanup and restoration services. We’ll take care of your water damage problem “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of North Pensacola is independently owned and operated.