Things to do for Water Damage in Cottage Hill until Help Arrives
If your home or business in Cottage Hill becomes affected by water damage, there are some steps you can take to minimize damage before help arrives.
First make sure the building or home is safe.
SERVPRO of North Pensacola shares these tips:
- Wet surfaces are slippery
- Waterlogged materials are very heavy
- Turn off all electrical power, if safe, before you handle devices
- Stand on dry area before you turn on electric power
SERVPRO of North Pensacola suggests that you:
- Remove wet cushions. Prop them upright to dry
- Turn on dehumidifiers or air-conditioning if it is safe
- Move colored items from wet carpeting
- Move artwork to a safe, dry place
- Move loose items from the floor or counters
- Start drying items ASAP
- Remember that mold starts growing within 24 hours
- Stay away from rooms that have sagging ceilings
- Hang rugs to dry
- Remove excess water with mops or towels
- If possible, place foil or blocks between furniture and wet flooring
- Wipe water from wood furniture and other items
But most importantly, call the professionals at SERVPRO to make it "Like it never even happened."